Francis Lewis Hosts First Art Show in the Courtyard

• The Francis Lewis String Orchestra performs music for guests.

Thomas Caracciolo

• The art pieces created by the students were displayed throughout the courtyard.

Thomas Caracciolo

• Art pieces with central focal points.

Thomas Caracciolo

• Students used cardboard to create art pieces that popped off of the canvas.

Thomas Caracciolo

• On top of, or perhaps under all that cardboard, were very vibrant and beautiful backgrounds.

Thomas Caracciolo

• On one of the displays was a tribute to Stan Lee and the characters he created. The top image features Stan laughing together with Hayao Miyazaki, the famous co-founder of the Japanese film and animation studio, Studio Ghibli.

Thomas Caracciolo

• This piece by Jacy Yang featured varied patterns and colors to create a unique look.

Thomas Caracciolo

• At the event, the Graphic Design program was also featured, showing off projects done by students, including digital sculptures, magazine covers, movie posters, and even advertisements for school events.

Thomas Caracciolo

• Students gather around to take in the work of their peers.

Thomas Caracciolo

• The Graphic Design program also put together a display of suspended pyramids made of images and statistics about the War on Terror.

Thomas Caracciolo

• A collage of work from cartoon-inspired artist Rajab Butt, an aspiring animator.

Thomas Caracciolo

• An intricate piece depicting a side-street in Japan at sunset.

Thomas Caracciolo

• A papercraft cow skull created and decorated by Erika Versoza.

Thomas Caracciolo

• This piece utilizes the 3D glasses hanging on the corner to separate red from blue. In one eye, you can see the face of an ostrich, but in the other you can see the skull of one.

Thomas Caracciolo

The Francis Lewis Art, Music, and Graphic Design programs came together on May 24 to showcase the art they’ve been working on throughout the school year. The afternoon started with the art exhibit opening and a performance by Francis Lewis’ string orchestra as students wandered the courtyard marveling at their peers’ work. The Graphic Design program set up collections of students’ work in the corners of the courtyard, one of which was a collection of paper craft pyramids with bits and pieces of information on the War on Terror.